Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weeping Angel

I am a pretty big Whovian and have been looking for a good nerdy project to pick up.  I decided to make a weeping angel.

 The weeping angels are an ancient race of aliens in the form of a crying stone angel.  They are the deadliest, most powerful, most malevolent lifeform evolution has ever produced.  They are stone only as long as you are looking at them.  So don`t blink!  First seen in the episode "Blink" from season 3 in Doctor Who.


This is my first attempt at crocheting.  I taught myself one evening with the help of youtube videos and online resources like http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/learntoread.html.

It was really not that hard and I was actually able to finish it in a day.  (Granted that was a day where I dedicated myself to this project).  I ended up not sewing on the base or stuffing it so it ended up being a very scarrrry finger puppet.  As scary as finger puppets get.
:D Made for a very happy Whovian for her birthday.  Take a look!





 " Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor










No comments:

Post a Comment