Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hal-Con Excitement


This coming weekend is HAL-CON!  For those of you not from the local Halifax area, Hal-con is the city's big annual sci-fi convention.  It has been going since 2010 and takes over a new floor of the convention centre every year.  This year there will be some fabulous guest stars such as Mark Sheppard from Supernatural, Morena Baccarin from How I Met Your Mother and Firefly, Kristian Nairn from Game of Thrones, and many more!


I've gone for the past few years but this time is special as I will be there with a vendor table and all my knitting stock!  You will be able to find some of my classic items such as the Cunning Hat (now available in kid's size!), pokeballs, cat toys and bow ties.  Because bow ties are cool!  There are even going to be a few Hal-Con exclusive items! These items are hand-made and will only be available at my Hal-Con table.  

To show off my excitement (and my cool knits) I made up a little photo story for everyone.  Hope you enjoy!


Elsewhere, in a nearby solar system, the away team from the starship Enterprise is exploring the planet surface for signs of life.  Ensign Jefferies wanders too close to the dangerous waterfalls and gets sucked under the water.  The captain rushes to pull him out.  Captain: "Doctor I need your help!"





*WhuurrrrrrrWhuuuuurrrrrWhhhhuuuuuuurrrrrrr*

"Did someone call for a doctor?"





A police box comes flying out of the sun!  It spins around and bashes through the waterfall before hovering above the struggling ensign. The door slides open.

Doctor: "Jefferies!  Grab my hand!"

Ensign Jefferies reaches up and grabs a hold of the Doctor's arm.  He is then hoisted into the T.A.R.D.I.S and brought to shore.

Captain: "That was fantastic!  I would be honored if you would join me and my crew as we travel the solar system."

Doctor: "Mmmmm yeah okay"

And with that the T.A.R.D.I.S and the crew of the starship Enterprise flew off into the pokeball clouds.  Because why not.





Hal-con is being held at the World Trade and Convention centre in Halfax.  It will be running from Nov 7-9th.  You can find me at table 252 with my partner in crime Raymond Dejardens, writer of comics Teva One and Shenanigans tales.  We are squished between graphic artist Andre Myatt and Faith Erin Hicks.



No comments:

Post a Comment